Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I'm Still Alive...

Yes...if any of you out there are still checking my blog...I'm alive! :-) I honestly didn't realize it had been so long since I'd posted. Believe me that I had plenty blog about!!! :-) So...here's a quick update:

November was uneventful & pretty normal. We had three concerts that month - two were local so that was nice. It's always enjoyable to be able to sleep in your own bed. :-) The highlight of November was that Marsha & her family came up for a week over the Thanksgiving holiday. It was great to see them all and especially great to be able to spend some time with my niece & nephew.

At the end of November, I moved! My landlady passed away in September, and after getting things settled, her family decided to sell the house. At that point, my life was up in the air...depending on who bought it, I might have been able to keep my apartment, or they might have had other ideas. At that point, I received an e-mail from a friend offering to rent me a house he had flipped & hadn't been able to sell. I jumped at the opportunity - felt like it was an answer to prayer in fact! I've been in my house a little over two months, and I LOVE it!!!

December brought with it the typical Christmas hustle & bustle. I had my program for school which adds quite a bit of work & stress. Then there is the shopping & preparing for Christmast along with all of the Christmas celebrations. I also had to pack and get ready for my flight to North Carolina to spend the holidays with my family. By Christmas eve, I was exhausted, but my vacation in sunny Charlotte really helped! It was 74 degrees on Christmas day and just absolutely beautiful! I had such an enjoyable week there. I also was able to spend some time with my friends in Sidney, Ohio the weekend after New Years because I flew out of Dayton. Sidney time is always a fun time! :-)

I just realized I forgot something significant that happened in November, but it actually goes back to September. While I was off recovering from my knee surgery, I found a lump in my neck. After speaking to my sister & the surgeon, it was determined that the lump was just swollen because my body was fighting off infection from the surgery. However, I noticed it again in October so I went to see my family doctor who immediately was concerned. He sent me to have blood work and scheduled me for an ultrasound of my thyroid the next day. After the results came back, I was sent to an ENT in November. The specialst told me that I had a mass in the left lobe of my thyroid, and it needed to be removed. He said it was slow growing, but would slowly grow and cause more problems (I was already beginning to feel it).

Unfortunately it grew quite a bit the last couple of weeks of December. When I got back into town the beginning of January, I called the surgeon's office, and my surgery was moved up to the following week. From there, things happened very quickly. Thankfully my parents were able to come up and spend a few days with me - the day before my surgery and remained here two days after I was released. I was very glad they were able to be here! After they left, I spent the rest of the week in Oak Harbor with Jodi & her family (I was supposed to be supervised for the first week).

Since then, I've been hanging out at home and taking a lot of naps. :-) I've decided that I really need to find a rich husband that would allow me to stay home...I've grown to really like this! :-)

Well...that's all for now. I'll try to do better now that life is heading back towards normal (whatever that is).

No comments: