Thursday, August 7, 2008

Monthly Update

It was not my plan when I created this blog to only update once a month, but it appears that that's about all I've been doing. Can you say...busy??? (and maybe a little lazy in there as well). :-)

A few posts ago I commented on how my plans for the summer changed due to my upcoming knee surgery. While I have greatly missed working out, playing golf & playing softball, I've been able to keep myself busy. Between touring with Soul Venture, visiting my family, & visiting friends, I've only spent two complete weeks at my apartment (the first one was the week we got out of school & the second is this week).

And once again...plans changed! I was supposed to have my surgery on July 21st but had to postpone it due to an unforseen medical emergency my dad had (most who read this know what that was). So...I am now scheduled to have my surgery on August 25th. We'll see if that date stays the same. :-) I'm hoping it does because I'm really tired of not being active, and it will take 1-2 months for me to get back to "normal" activity according to the surgeon.

Believe it or not...we only have 1 1/2 weeks until school starts for the staff members (students come 2 weeks from today). I'm a bit torn - part of me is looking forward to the new year & part of me would love to have some more summer.

Well...that's all I have for now. I'll try to do this a little more regularly. :-)

No comments: