Sunday, February 18, 2007

The 90 Minute Glove Ordeal

I recently bought a new coat and was in need of gloves to match (although I love my OSU red gloves...they didn't go so well with my off white dress coat). I began my search at K-Mart and found a set I liked. I was even more excited to find that they were 50% off! However, I forgot to go to the bank and didn't have enough cash with me. So...I decided to go to the bank on my way home and stop at Value City. Surely they would have something.

I drove through the ATM to get cash and then went looking at Value City where I found a set I even liked better than the set at K-Mart. The only problem was that they were not on sale. I spoke to a team member to see if I could get them at a reduced price and was quickly told they weren't on sale. When she asked if I wanted them, I told her I did, but I couldn't justify paying full price when I could go to K-Mart and get it for 50% off. This didn't bother her near as much as it bothered me.

So...I left Value City without gloves (it's now been 60 mins.). As I was pulling out of the parking lot, I decided to go to Meijer and give them a try. I was sure they would have the winter things on sale. Guess what?!? They were on sale...75% off. Better than K-Mart! WooHoo!

Oh, but wait! The story's not over. Meijer is now completely sold out of gloves, mittens, or anything resembling them. So...90 mins. later...refusing to drive back to K-Mart...I'm sitting at home with my dress coat and a great pair of OSU gloves. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what a blog is but the glove story was hillarius! I will definitely tune in to hear you finally gave up, went to K-Mart and they were sold out! I can't wait, the glove adventure continues!

Nana

Traci said...

This story was hilarious! I am laughing still! Don't give up, the perfect set of gloves are out there!