Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Thoughts...

I've come to the conclusion that I'm just plain clueless when it comes to men! Trying to learn from past mistakes & misconceptions, I've tried over the past few years to focus on friendship (I didn't want to read anything into what guys said or did). However, as I look back on situations, it seems as though I may have screwed up several possibilities - and may still be in the same pattern today (Ralph - don't panic! I'm not talking about you. We're still friends - nothing more or nothing less. :-) However, you may want to watch the time on those phone calls! LOL!).

I feel as though it's a catch 22...if I start to think a guy is interested, I end up getting hurt or let down because he's only interested in being friends. But...if I don't allow myself to think about anything other than being friends, I'm told that I didn't take any of the clues that were dropped so he moved on. I just wish there was a flow chart to follow. I could answer the question and then know what to do based on the response. Unfortunately this flow chart does not exist, and I appear to be completely naive.

Do I want to get married and have a family? I would love to! I have the desire to be a wife and mother, and I don't think I'd have that desire if it wasn't part of God's plan. So...I try to remain patient. But am I missing that special someone because I'm afraid to take a risk?

I read books about being single and about the differences between males & females. For a moment, things start to come into focus, but then something comes along and the thoughts start spiralling in my head.

At this point in my life, I have to stay positive and enjoy where I'm at! If I let the ball of confusing thoughts take control of my head I'll be a basket case. Oh, if only it were as easy as it was for Adam & Eve - God would take of rib from "Mr. Right" & make me to be his partner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is one sure way to make sure you get traffic to your blog.

Anonymous said...

does comment moderation mean I have to type it twice?

Anonymous said...

Oh Michelle, I wish I could help you answear this question. Why does God allow us to stay single when He knows that we want to be married so much. Everywhere we look, we see nothing but Couples, and it just makes you want to throw up... After dating many many Mr. Wrongs, I finally got Mr. Right. But I had nothing to do with it. It was all about God's timing. God will not allow us to marry the Mr. Wrong, because God wants to show us how much He Loves us when He presents us with Mr. Right. So, go out there and date, and mess up all you want. Because you can not mess up God's plan for your life.