Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Glove Trauma - Yet Again!

When I created this blog, I wasn't expecting to only write about gloves, but I'm so glad I've been able to share this story with so many people. :-) I was just talking with my aunt tonight, and she said that when she read my blog she was just happy to know that things like this happen to other people. I'm so glad to hear that my trauma & difficulties make her feel better! :-)

On to the reason for this entry. This morning I cut the tags to my new hat, scarf & glove set and began to prepare to leave. I put on my scarf. I then decided I didn't need the hat today because it was supposed to be a little warmer. And...last but not least...I put on my new gloves. My they looked nice with my winter dress coat. As I'm driving to school admiring my new gloves, something on the side of my middle finger caught my eye. You won't believe what it was! A HOLE! Yes...there's a hole in my new gloves that took me three days & over 90 mins. of shopping to purchase. AHHHHH! I can't take anymore! :-)

So...tomorrow will find me at K-Mart (for the third time in four days) to return this set. If you hear a loud scream of frustration between 4:30 & 4:45 p.m., don't fret. It'll be me screaming because yet another store is now sold out of winter accessories. Have I told you lately how much I love winter & the cold weather?

8 comments:

HawkOsky said...

We have an extra set of black Powerpuff girls gloves (no holes) if you're interested.

Michelle said...

I may have to take you up on that offer! :-) If you hear the scream, know I'm coming for them.

Traci said...

I have to say I almost fell off the couch laughing. I've been there and I feel for you, but it is just so funny. Good luck on your search! At least we have the day off. Maybe, you can get to K-Mart earlier before they run out.

Anonymous said...

Your glove story is almost turning out to be a soap opera. Stay tuned till next time when we hear Michelle say......

Anonymous said...

What no pictures of this glove?

Anonymous said...

If you need me to check the K-Mart here I will. We have plenty of gloves in Charlotte. It was 70 today. I think they have summer stuff out already. I could probably get you any type of winter attire you would like!
Mom

Traci said...

I was thinking on the way home from work that I needed new gloves to go with my new coat. Then...I remembered your story. Thanks to you I already know all the stores are out of gloves. See, there is always a reason for our traumas. :)

Michelle said...

Hey, Traci! If I have mom get me some gloves from NC do you want her to get you a pair? :-) Why do they have gloves in NC anyway? Oh...probably for those days it get's down to 40! LOL!