Thursday, October 11, 2007

From Air Conditioning to Heat...in 48 Hours

I don't know why this surprises me...I live in Ohio! Where else can the temperature drop 30 degrees overnight?

I had to turn my air conditioning back on Sunday when I got home from the retreat because it was miserable in my apartment. I left it on Monday night because I knew I'd sleep better. When I got home from the gym on Tuesday, I turned off the air and opened the windows.

Tuesday night I had to shut the windows because it began to get chilly, and by the time I woke up on Wednesday, it was pretty chilly. In fact...it was 30 degrees chillier. A sleeveless shirt on Tuesday...a sweater on Wednesday. Go figure!

This evening I was sitting at home on the verge of having goosebumps with fingers that were nearly numb. I decided to see what the thermostat said. When I saw the temperature in my apartment was 64 degrees, I decided it was time to bite the bullet.

So...my heat is on & has run a couple of times tonight. I have it set at 67 degrees so I'm still a little chilly, but it seems so crazy. I'm going to try & hold off as long as I can! :-) I guess I'm a bit stubborn.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

ours is on and set at 65 - it's crazy - not because it's cold (it is October) but because of like you said - the extreme 90 last week to this weeks 45