Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Best Valentine's Day!

Wow! I'm sitting here tonight with a happy heart - much different from Valentine's Days in the past.

Yesterday during Neti's music class, I thought about the Waal family and the fact that Rhonda & Tracy might like a night alone so I called and left a message. This afternoon I saw Rhonda at school and found out that she had just gotten my message. We talked a bit and decided to meet up at Bethany's basketball game.

After the game, we all went back to their house. Rhonda & Tracy ended up going out to supper, and I stayed with the girls. It was my first time alone with all four of them, and I had an absolute blast!

We had pizza for supper, laughed, played games, laughed some more, got ready for bed, laughed some more (get the picture that we laughed a lot?)... It was just an all around enjoyable night.

As I laid in bed between Neti & Meke (guess I should give some background for those of you who do not know the Waal family - they adopted Neti & Meke, two sibling orphans, from Ethiopia 7 months ago), I couldn't help but feel blessed. Here I was on Valentine's Day with two little arms wrapped around my neck. I just laid there & prayed for them & the rest of the family. God is so good!

Here's a picture we took while in bed. Can you tell we'd been laughing? :-)

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness - I hope you've printed and framed that picture! It is so good!

Unknown said...

How thoughtful of you to think about the Waals and to let Tracy and Rhonda go out and to stay with the girls! All four girls are adorable and I'm sure that you did enjoy yourself and laughed alot! Sounds like a great time!!! Love from me