Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Taco Bell & Weight Watchers

I have been craving Taco Bell but have been avoiding it because it's kind of high in points. When it has crossed my mind to go, I've never had enough points left to make it worth the trip. So as I was leaving the gym tonight, I knew I still had too many points left to have what my original plan was for supper (I found 1 point hotdogs & am so excited - call me crazy, but that's me). Then it dawned on me that tonight would be a great night for Taco Bell. I grabbed my Dining Out book & began to plan my order. But...as I went through the drive thru, I was pleasantly surprised to find that they now offer the "Fresco" items. These items are in the book, but I've never been to a Taco Bell that had them before. The main difference is that they have a pico de gallo instead of all the other toppings and a little bit of cheese. So for supper, I had a Ranchero Chicken Soft Taco & a Chicken Burrito Supreme (both Fresco style) which totaled 10 points. If I'd gotten the original ones, I'd have used 16. and if I'd have used beef instead of chicken, I'd have used even more points. Taco Bell will no longer have to be avoided. :-)

No comments: