Saturday, May 26, 2007

A Good Talk

I don't want to get into every detail, but I just wanted to share that Matt & I had a much needed talk tonight. We've been "together", but it feels at times that we're living very separate lives. Tonight, though, we were able to talk about it, and I finally shared my feelings with him. He listened to what I had to say and realized that he's been used to being single for so long that he needs to change his thought process & actions a bit. We had a great conversation, and I sent him home with my copy of "The Five Love Languages for Singles" book...making it very clear that he needed to pay special attention to the chapter on my love language (Quality Time). :-)

If you haven't read any of the books on the five love languages, I would strongly encourage you to read one. There are several books out there that look at it from various aspects of life, but I really think every single person who is starting a new relationship should be required to read it! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sent him home with a book? school is out for the summer (theres a really good song in there) you need to shift out of ther teacher mode and into the summer vacation mode :)