Saturday, May 5, 2007

Our First Concert

For those of you who do not know, I had the opportunity to do some work in the recording studio back in December. Katie Jordan, a junior at Indiana Wesleyan, grew up in my church. I've come to know her family well over the past four years and have worked closely with her dad, Tim, in music ministry at church as well as the care groups (small groups) at church. Katie has been blessed with a beautiful voice and would like to pursue a possible career in music ministry. So...she decided to make a demo CD, and that's where I come in.

Tim asked me to record some of the background vocals for the project (which is scheduled to be released on May 18th). It was an absolute blast! I've sung most of my life...and I've even had the opportunity to do some recording work with Camerata while at Bluffton...but this was my first time in a recording studio to do something like this. I had so much fun!

A few months ago, Tim approached me to see if I'd be interested in doing some touring with him & Katie this summer. I talked to him about some conflicts I'd have, and he agreed to work around those. So...we'll be giving concerts this summer primarily throughout northwest Ohio, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Our first official concert was last night at a banquet at church. Things went really well (although I was nervous & made a few minor mistakes). :-) Our next concert is planned for Friday, May 18th. We'll be opening for a group that will be performing at a large church in Monroe, Michigan.

I've really missed singing & being part of a performance group since I've left college so this seems like such a great opportunity. I'll keep you all updated!

No comments: