Friday, May 18, 2007

A Sigh of Relief

Last night was my final program for this school year - the spring program. It featured my choir (which is absolutely awesome...they are my favorite group of all the groups I've had in my 10 years of teaching) and the 2nd grade (who performed the musical "bugz").

The choir sang four songs, but I wasn't worried about them at all because they consistently perform well. However, the 2nd grade has had me quite scared. :-) Their behavior has be less than perfect (however...you must know that we have 3 weeks of school left & there were more than 100 students on the stage at one time), and they seemed to have forgotten everything we've been practicing in music class. I've been a little stressed this week! But...they blew me away last night! :-) They did such a great job and were so proud of themselves.

The turnout for the program was overwhelming as well! Teresa (our secretary) made 350 copies of the program, and when I went to pick up the extras...there were only 7 left! And...not every person takes a program. Our parents are great! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So was Matt a good boyfriend and come to watch your kids do their stuff?