Sunday, November 11, 2007

Our Last Weekend

A few years ago my church purchased 38.9 acres of land on the other side of town. Since then, we have been raising money for our new church. It was at a point where we needed to start building, but we didn't have enough money to do everything that needed to be done. But...we needed to start.

In the meantime, we've had our church for sale for quite a while, and nothing much had been happening there. But...in God's wisdom...He sent us a buyer (another church who was in need of a building). Now that we've sold our church we'll be able to complete our new building. It's all very exciting.

Now what? Good question! This is our last weekend in our present building so we're having a big celebration this weekend. Tonight we had a big concert with a time of reflection by the previous & current pastors. It's was similar to a Gaither Homecoming concert if you've ever seen one of them. Tomorrow there are several activities that will be taking place as well.

Starting next Sunday we'll be meeting at Starr Elementary (the school where I teach). The school district has been very helpful and are allowing us to use the facilities until our new building is finished. Pastor Mark told us tonight that the foundation is being poured so they've started the process. The last I heard they are saying it should take 8-9 months to complete (but you all know how building project go...we'll have to see what happens).

On a side note...at tonight's concert, several people approached me asking what church I've been attending or wondering where I have been. I relized that many people do not know that I'm touring with Katie (a little funny because we did our first "big" concert at our church, and we also did a big concert at Maumee Bay). I told a few people that they needed to start spreading the news (I almost called it a rumor, but it's the truth. What do you cal that? Hmmm).

No comments: