Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Week in Review

Here are the highlights from this past week. Enjoy! :-)

Monday...Lloyd Carr retired from Michigan. My how us OSU fans will miss him!

Tuesday...Finally got to see Harrison & Abigail (my nephew & niece - haven't seen them since July). Harrison just kept kissing me, hugging me, and telling me how much he loved & missed me. It was great to hear that, but it also broke my heart. I sure do miss him!

Wednesday...Helped grandma prepare for Thursday's big meal. Mom & dad also came up for Thanksgiving. They also brought Miguel & Norma (a couple from Charlotte - Miguel works with dad - who are from Puerto Rico so they didn't have family to spend the holiday with) to share Thanksgiving with our family. They about froze in Ohio! I think they had their coats on nearly 24/7! :-)

Thursday...3 celebrations! Celebration #1 - Thanksgiving (we had lunch - a feast of our favorite foods) Celebration #2 - Christmas (we had our exchange & opened gifts - something we started doing with dad's family after mom & dad moved down south) Celebration #3 - Harrison's Birthday (he's turning 7 on Dec. 5th so my aunt & I had a surprise party for him so we all could celebrate it with him)

Friday...Shopping!!! A tradition for my aunt, cousin & me...I spend the night at their house, and we get up at the crack of dawn (or earlier) to go shopping. This year the stores opened at 4 a.m. so we were on the road at 3:30 a.m.! We shopped from 4:00-9:30 a.m. After the shopping, mom & dad picked me up, and we went to visit friends we haven't seen in a while. I ended up spending the night with mom & dad in their hotel.

Saturday...Saw mom & dad off & then lounged in the hotel room until it was time to head to Lima for tomorrow's concert (we're singing at Lima First Church tomorrow morning - I'm excited because my aunt & her family are coming to hear us). After setting up the sound equipment, we had practice & then went to supper. Now we're hanging out in the hotel room & getting ready to go to bed.

Well...that's the highlights! Sorry it was so long, but there was a lot to say. I'll have to post some pictures when I get home (I haven't been there since Tuesday).

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I am so thankful that you can remember you're whole week! It would probably take me hours to figure out what I did two days ago - let alone all week!

It's sounds like you had lots of fun!

Sharon