Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Supper & A Funny Encounter

Today after school, Traci, Jeromy & I went to the funeral home for friends from church (their mother passed away). Prior to going, we had decided we would get supper together before Jeromy had to leave for work. We decided to go to Bob Evans.

Much to my surprise...part way through supper, Matt & his family walked in. It was a bit awkward at first because they were very close to us, but as time went on, it became very comical because Matt was hunkered down in his booth (which had him facing me) so I couldn't see him. As we left, we had to walk past them so I said goodbye to them. Traci laughed because he stared at me as I walked past, as I was checking out, and as we stood outside talking before going to our cars. Does he miss me? He should! I'm a good catch! :-) Do I miss him. Nope! Not now that I've gotten to see the different side of him.

God was definitely looking out for me in that situation - a prime example of God's ways being better than anything I could do on my own.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I'm glad you were able to smile about it.