Friday, April 20, 2007

The Lesson I Learned This Week

This week I had the opportunity to hang out with the Waal girls who happen to be two of the sweetest girls I've met. Their parent were out of town so I stayed with them but had no idea how my life would change this week.

The first day was fun because the weather was nice so we went to the park. I walked while they rode their bikes. After we were done, we went for pizza and then played games. It was a great evening. The only thing was that it took me over 30 mins. to finally get them to bed. Bethany cracked me up on Wednesday night when she told me that if I was going to have children I needed to know that that's how kids are - they will do anything to stay up later. She told me that I needed to be more mean. :-)

Wednesday was much crazier! After school, I had a piano lesson to teach and then it was off to their house. Kailey & I played one quick game, and then I made supper. We ate and were off...we had to be to church around 5:30 to get ready for the evening. After choir practice, I had praise team practice so Kailey came in to wait for me. Finally at 8:15 I told Thom I had to leave because we still had homework to finish & a test to study for. And...they were supposed to be in bed by 9:00! AHHH! Matt had also called & left a message on my cell phone. So...I got Kailey & we headed for home. On the way home, I called Matt to see if he'd call back after 9:00. Kailey & I finished her last question for homework & studied for the test. She also needed me to look over her homework, but it was already 8:50 so I sent them off to bed and told her I'd look over it later. I finished cleaning up from supper in time to talk to Matt. We got off the phone around 9:45, but I wasn't able to go to bed until midnight. By the time I checked Kailey's homework and did the work I needed to do for school (on top of everything, my computer crashed at school so it's being repaired - I have no computer or access to the internet which means I had to do things in the evening), I could barely keep my eyes open. It was a short night! :-)

Thursday was our last day together so I wanted it to be fun for the girls. After piano lessons (which I teach them), we had supper & then went for ice cream. When we got home, we played a couple of games, and then I had to make some phone calls for my cell group. Next thing I know, it's 8:20, and Bethany told me I needed to make her go to bed at 8:30. Where did the night go? It's crazy how the time flies!

So...I left Rhonda a note this morning saying that I've always known being a mom is hard work, but now I understand that being a mom is hard work. And...I didn't even have to do everything a mom does. I was just a temporary fill in. Moms who are reading this...you are all my heroes! :-)

No comments: