Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Update on the Week

Hello all! I've really been enjoying my time down in North Carolina! I arrived Friday evening after getting stuck in traffic. I should have arrived around 4:30, but the traffic got tied up north of Lake Norman (this seems to always happen to me...no matter what time I arrive) so I didn't get there until a little after 5:30.

Marsha & Harrison (my middle sister & nephew) arrived Saturday morning and stayed through Sunday afternoon. It was great to see them, and Harrison & I had a great time playing. He convinced me to give him my Easter basket for him on Saturday because he was afraid the Easter bunny would see my basket & not deliver one if I waited until Sunday. How can you argue with that logic? :-)

Yesterday was a day spent with mom, and we enjoyed each other's company. As a little way of saying "Thank You" to my parents for all they've done for me, I gave them some gifts on December. For dad, I got a brick engraved that will be placed in the landscaping around The Shoe (OSU's Stadium), and we'll be going to a game this fall to see a game...and the brick. For mom, I got some Pampered Chef stoneware that I knew she'd like, and I bought her & I tickets to go to the Biltmore Estate (the Vanderbilt homestead).

So...why am I telling you all of this? Because mom & I used our tickets to Biltmore yesterday. We spent the entire day touring the house & grounds. We really enjoyed ourselves but were definitely tired by the end of the day.

What do we have planned for the rest of the week? I'm driving to Goose Creek, South Carolina to pick up Maurine (my youngest sister) tomorrow...I'm meeting Marsha to pick up Harrison for the weekend & then we're taking Maurine back to her home...Friday will be my last full day in North Carolina so I'll spend it with mom, dad & Harrison...and...Saturday will find me driving back to Ohio! It'll go fast!

Now for an update on Matt. If you've read the past few entries, you know that he's been sick. He called this afternoon and let me know that he's going in for tests tomorrow. Please continue to pray for him that all goes well & they're able to find out what's going on. Thanks!!!

No comments: