Thursday, August 16, 2007

Downtime

This song is on the new JoDee Messina CD I bought (her greatest hits), and I had to laugh at the words. It really seems to fit the situation I went through with Matt. I especially like the end of the first verse!

Verse 1:

I haven't been myself these days according to friends.
I tend to lose a part of me when my heart's on the mend.
I'll be alright it's safe to say
'Cause just like your love this is only a phase.

Verse 2:

Some might think I've gotten caught up in heartache's aftermath,
But your memory's taken second to a good book and nice long bath.
I must admit it threw me at first,
But I'm convinced I'm over the worst.

Chorus:

Oh, I've been on this road a time or two, it's nothing new.
I'll get on my feet and over you.
I tell myself that everything will be just fine.
I'm just going through a little downtime.

No comments: