Sunday, August 5, 2007

An Unexpected Compliment

This weekend I had someone tell me how pretty I was. He also said that I had a beautiful smile. Now...that was great...it's always nice to get compliments, but when I do get compliments they're usually on my smile. But...what made it really special to me was what he went on to say. He told me that although my smile was beautiful, he thought the best part about me was the way I carried myself. He said I was a really neat girl.

This man had no idea how much I needed those words of encouragement...it was a much needed shot in the arm. While I've really struggled with my self-image in past, I've grown to like who I am and have become more self-confident over the past year or two. But...the recent events have found me second guessing myself at times. When I realize I'm doing it, I try to instantly stop because I don't want to go back to who I used to be. God used this man...someone who had just met me for the first time...to show me how special I still am. It was a "God sighting" for me, and I'm very thankful it happened!

No comments: