Sunday, August 5, 2007

My Weekend - Part 2



After Saturday's concert, we drove to Wapakoneta to have lunch, and then we headed our separate ways. Jordans took off for Mt. Sterling (concert #3 & 4 for the weekend...you'll read about that in Part 3), and I waited for the Ike clan to meet me in Bob Evan's parking lot.

Don & Sharon had called me in June to see if I'd like to go to the drag races in Norwalk with them. Now...many of you are probably surprised by this, but I really enjoy them. It never seemed like a big deal to me, but as people found out I was planning on going I realized it shocked many people. My first time going with them was two years ago, and I loved it, and last night was no exception. I am a woman who can enjoy most anything...from getting dressed up & going to the symphony or theater...to playing a good game of softball...to going to the drag races...there's not much I don't enjoy. Maybe it has something to do with growing up in a small town? I've always been a bit of a country girl, but then there's also a bit of the "girly girl" in me as well. I say you can dress me up & take me out, but you'll never take the "hick" out of me! :-)

So...back to the drag races. Last night was the 30th Anniversary Night Under Fire in Norwalk. The two pictures were taken there. The first one is of Sharon & me, and the second one is of the semi that raced last night. It was propelled by 3 (yes...3) jet engines. It was amazing!

No comments: