Thursday, August 9, 2007

Our Annual Fishing Trip




My friend, Val, from Sidney & I have been going up to Lake Erie the past three years to spend a few days together, soak up some rays, & catch some perch. I always look forward to this mini vacation and know that we'll have a great time. This year was no exception. D (my nickname for her son, Devan) came along with us for the 2nd year in a row, and when he became bored with fishing...he took on the role of "bait boy". He had a ball playing in the minnows! :-)

The pictures above are as follows...1) Val & Me 2) D's big catch (he caught the first fish of the day, but it was a white bass so we threw it back in) & last but not least...3) one of the perch I caught (but...not the big one).

Now...I need to explain something at this point. I tend to be a "little" competitive, but the term "little" comes no where close to describing Val's competitive edge! I talked a little smack before we dropped our hooks into the water, and when all was said and done, Val did catch more fish than me but...I caught the biggest one! (Not that anyone was keeping track.) :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What you mean competetive? You weren't even close! But who's counting?