Sunday, August 19, 2007

World Pulse Festival

Earlier this week, my friend, Don, and I were talking on the phone. During the conversation, He mentioned that he had gotten tickets for the World Pulse Festival (an outdoor concert where 7 Christian artists/bands perform in South Bend, Indiana). There was a mix up with his tickets so he had a lot of extras and wondered if I'd be interested in going (he actually asked if Matt & I wanted to go...we obviously hadn't talked in over a month).

After discussing the situation with Matt, he told me I could invite anyone I wanted because he had plenty of tickets (the tickets are free if you order them in advance, but they are $75 at the door...Ralph - get over it & move on!). The next day I made a few phone calls to people I thought may be interested.

So...yesterday morning at 7:00 a.m., we loaded up the church van to head for the concert. It ended up that only one family from church was able to go, but we had a blast! There were 7 of us (Larry, Dawn, Nicole & Katie Pioterek, Solana - Nicole's friend, Adam Pioterek - Larry's brother, & Michelle - a really cute girl that has some great friends). :-) Larry & Adam added quite a sense of humor to the trip (Dawn kept apologizing for them, but I assured her that I enjoyed humor). In fact, my stomach muscles hurt from laughing so much when I got home last night. It was also nice because I got to know them all better - they attend my church and we talk, but yesterday gave us a chance to get to know each other and I appreciated that opportunity.

The concerts ran from 11:00 a.m. through about 6:15 p.m. During that time, we heard Krystal Meyers, Superchick, Sanctus Real (originally from the Toledo area), Desperation Band, Kutless, Third Day, and Michael W. Smith. It was a great day with great music!

On top of getting to know the Piotereks better & hearing some great music, it was also nice because I got to spend some time with Don. Don & I met at SoloCon in 2003 and have become pretty good friends. We talk on the phone, occasionally get together to go dancing or to see a football game, and we've always had two SoloCons each year. Due to some changes that have been made, we didn't have SoloCon in May so I haven't seen Don since the OSU v. Indiana game back in October. It was great to see him in person and to spend some time with him. I also got to see Jim (another friend from SoloCon). Jim lives about 20 mins. from South Bend so he came over for the last concert of the day.

How would I summarize my day?

Awesome!

Yesterday was just simply an awesome day!

No comments: