Monday, September 24, 2007

My First Day of Work

I had a blast! And...I now know each & every bra that Cacique (Lane Bryant's line of undergarments) has to offer. For over three hours, I sorted through boxes of bras, underwear, & Spanx. After the sorting process was complete, we took all of the boxes into the store, and we then began moving them to the correct location in the store. The rest of the week will be spent folding, hanging, moving, & probably re-moving. I think I'm going to stay on part-time for now and see how it goes. The managers really like my work ethic and have asked me to consider staying on with them. They are willing to let me work whenever I'd like. I can't pass down the opportunity or the discount.

Now for a side note...their method of shipping merchandise is absolutely absurd! It's the craziest thing, but they ship the items all mixed together (clothes, accessories, undergarments, sleepwear, etc...). So...we had to sort through the boxes, and then I was one of the people who sorted through all of the bras.

Can I remember them all? Let's see...there's:

cotton balconette, cotton demi, cotton plunge (with padding), cotton full coverage (without padding), cotton full coverage wire-free, smooth performance full coverage (without padding), smooth performance wire-free (without padding), sensual full coverage (with padding), sensual wire-free (with padding), balconette, plunge, sheer lace full coverage (lace without padding), flaunt (lace with padding), strapless,& Bra 6. I think that may be it! :-)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Okay I tried this once and the internet messed up so if you got it the first time - sorry!

So I can guess I can come to you with any bra questions? If find that Victoria really is keeping a secret, so I'm liking her less and less.

I'm glad you had a great day at work. I always loved retail. The hardest part: not spending your paycheck before you get it!!!!