Thursday, September 20, 2007

On a Whim

Well...I have a second job! Can you believe it? I am now (as of approximately 8:30 p.m. tonight) officially a Lane Bryant employee.

Tonight I went to Levis Commons with Traci & Tara, and we stopped by Lane Bryant. I tend to be a frequent shopper here...in fact...the sale woman recognizes me when I come in. She'll ask me questions & we frequently chat. Tonight she asked about my supper at Applebees (she saw me there with Traci & Jodi), and we chatted a bit about our bad waitress (she had the same one). We continued to small talk while I was shopping.

As she was checking me out, she wanted to know if I was busy next week. I was a bit stunned & mentioned that I didn't think so. She mentioned that they are opening a new store in Fallen Timbers (a new mall that's opening in the area) and were looking for some people to help set up the new store. She said that she thought I'd be a lot of fun to work with. So...I filled out an application.

Much to my surprise, she went & got her manager who brought out the schedule with her. She introduced herself, and then asked me when I'd like to work next week. The great thing is that I can pretty much set my hours...can work as much or as little as I'd like. Plus...I will now get the employee discount! WooHoo!

I can't believe I did it, but I also think it'll be fun. And besides...I love Lane Bryant! Employee Discount...here I come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am also a elementary school teacher, but since having my children have decided to stay at home. One day when shopping in a beauty supply store I got offered a job. It was for 8 hours a week and thought it would be fun to get out of the house a bit. It turned out to be one of my favourite jobs. :D I hope you have fun!

Anonymous said...

So is Amanda P. she got hired yesterday

Sharon said...

Congrats on the new job!!!! How exciting! Remember at Christmas I wear a size 14 in their tops!!! :)
The best part of the whole thing IS the DISCOUNT!!!!! It makes it all worth while!