Saturday, September 8, 2007

Sleeping Triple in a King Size Bed

Did I get your attention? :-) Figured you'd probably be curious. So...look above at the name of my blog...Sleeping Single in a Double Bed. I decided to use that because 1) it's reality and 2) it's from a song. However...my reality changed last night! I no longer was sleeping single nor was I in a double bed (thank goodness!).

As you've already read in my previous post, I went to Upper Sandusky last night to meet mom & dad. The plan was for me to sleep on the sleeper sofa in their room. There was only one problem...there wasn't a sleeper sofa in their room. I offered to sleep on the floor, but mom & dad didn't like that idea. So...dad suggested we all sleep together. After all...they had a king size bed.

Boy...was it ever an interesting night! Just imagine the three of us (and none of us are "small") snuggled in bed. Dad refused to sleep in the middle, and mom said there was no way she was going to which meant that I got to sleep in the middle. Every time I had to go to the bathroom (which happened to be three times last night because I had a lot of water with my supper...bet you're glad I shared that tid bit of info!) I had to climb out from under the covers and then proceed to the bottom of the bed. Upon returning to bed, I'd have to climb back up to the top & then work my way back under the covers.

The second time I returned from the bathroom I only crawled to the top & laid on top of the covers because I was burning up! The body heat of both my mom & my dad about sent me over the edge. I was sweating profusely!

As I sit here recalling the events of last night, I'm nearly laughing! I wish I'd been able to get a picture of the three of us! :-)

No comments: