Saturday, September 8, 2007

A Special Day!

If you don't already know it...I'm a Buckeye fan. In fact, that's putting it mildly. I bleed scarlet & gray. :-) My love of Ohio State football was instilled by my father. I've always enjoyed watching the games with him, and I always looked forward to getting to go down to the stadium. For 21 years, my dad was a portal at the stadium (they are the people who help you find your seats).

Last fall I was looking at the football schedule online when I noticed an advertisement for their brick campaign. I decided to check it out and quickly realized that this would be something very special I could do for my dad. I began to think about what I wanted it to say (I was limited by the number of spaces & lines), and with mom's help, I finally came to a conclusion. My next step was to fill out the paper work. And then...I had to wait. I ordered a replica brick for dad to keep at the house, and the original was to be placed in the walkway behind the south stands this summer.

So...today I took my dad to the game. You can't begin to imagine how many bricks are there! I was worried we'd never find it, but I actually found it pretty quickly. Below are a few pictures from the day.

This is the actual brick (I made sure to clean it off before I took the picture. Can you believe people had the nerve to walk on it?!?). :-)



This is me modeling the brick (move over Vanna...there's a new girl in town!).



The final picture is of dad & me. Everyone together now...AWHHHHHH! Precious, isn't it?



I'm so glad we had a chance to do this! It was something I was looking very forward to, and I'll have memories that I'll always cherish.

Dad...if you're reading this...just want you to know how much I love you! And...thanks for the Buckeye Fever! :-)

No comments: