Monday, July 23, 2007

Chad's Sermon

For those of you who have been reading & keeping up with my life, you know that the past month has been difficult for me. While I know that God has a plan that's better than anything I could come up with, it's hard to have your future changed so quickly. I went from making wedding plans to being single...again!

Overall...I think I'm doing really well. There are still a few days that pop up when things catch me off guard, but that's going to happen. I was planning on spending the rest of my life with Matt, but one phone call changed all of that. Am I hurt? Yep! Am I sad? Yep! Am I mad? Yep! Get the idea?

I knew that I was supposed to be at church in Sidney today as soon as Pastor Chad started his sermon. It was on forgiveness. A coincidence? I think not! Below are a few of the points I took from him message (I really got a lot out of it, but these points just really made me think):

*Healthy, happy people don't hurt other people. It's against our nature.

*What type of people hurt others? Hurt people hurt people! And...if you don't let go & let God, you'll be a hurt person who'll hurt other people. (This really got me thinking...especially when he talked about Joseph's life, the hurt he encountered, and the way he let God work through the situation!)

*You can't enjoy what God has given you today if you're stuck on what happened in the past.

*Bitter vs. Better...one little letter really changes the meaning. Will you choose to remain in the past & be bitter, or will you allow God to make you better through forgiveness?

The message really got to me! As much as he hurt me, I need to forgive Matt and move on with my life. I want to enjoy what God have given me today & live in the present. I've already lived the past & really don't want to relive it each & every day (been there...done that...don't want to go back).

No comments: