Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A Softball Update

Tonight was our last night of the regular season, and we ended the year with a victory against Northwood (Jodi's brothers & sister-in-law play on the team so we always have a little "friendly" competition when we play each other). Jane and the kids stayed for the first half of the game before heading home...my own cheering section. Although, now that I think of it, I'm kind of disappointed in you Scott...you could have done a better job of embarrassing Stacy while cheering for me. Were you being bashful? :-)

On a side note, our standing in the league was 3rd place, but that how now changed to 2nd place. We were notified this weekend that the team we played the past two weeks broke some of the league rules so they had to forfeit the two games they played against us putting us in 2nd & them in 3rd. It was a sore subject for them, but it was a pleasant surprise for us.

On Saturday, the team has the tournament games. I will probably not be playing because I have a concert with Katie & Tim in St. Mary's and tickets for the drag races in Norwalk that afternoon. The only possibility is that I may be able to play in the 2nd game if they win the first game against New Heights (one of our least favorite teams so a victory would be nice). I'll just have to wait & see what happens, and you'll find out when I blog about it.

No comments: