Monday, July 23, 2007

Hangin' with the Sidney "Gang"

On the way home Friday, I drove over to Sidney to visit my friends there. I attended church there the four years I taught at Jackson Center and developed some great friendships. It had been a long time since I'd been down to visit so it was great to see everyone.

Friday night I went to Val & Shawn's house & spent the night with them. Val & I were able to talk & laugh (I think there may have been more laughing than talking at times...I forgot how much I enjoy Val's faces. As much as I try to envision them while we talk on the phone, they are oh so much better in person!). :-) On Saturday, Shawn, Devan & I went golfing with Don, and Saturday night found us at a bonfire at Val & Shawn's. There were a lot of friends there, and the best part...the traditional O'Connell kickball game. You've missed out if you've never taken part in one! It was a blast!

After the bonfire, I went to Don & Sharon's house to spend the night with them. Today found us at church (it was funny because a lot of people didn't recognize me. Of course, it was also an ego boost because they kept talking about all the weight I've lost & how hot I look. I think I need to go to Sidney more often...or maybe I need to go less often so they're always so happy to see me?). It was great to see all of my friends from church & to catch up with them. After church & a quick bite to eat, Don, Sharon & I went out on the boat with Shawn & the kids (Devan & Briauna). It was a great way to end a fun weekend, and the weather was beautiful! Sorry you couldn't come with us, Val!

Now...I'm home from my 3 weeks of traveling. There's a ton of mail to go through, but it'll happen later. I'm still kind of in "vacation" mode.

No comments: