Monday, July 9, 2007

The Week in Review

Wow...it seems hard to believe a week has already passed, but I just looked & noticed I've not blogged since last Monday. So...here's what I've been up to:

Monday...I had drove part way to mom & dad's on Sunday so I woke up and finished the trip. It was soooo good to see mom & dad when they got home from work!

Tuesday...I went grocery shopping for mom (it ended up being a 3+ hour trip & found me shopping at three different stores - but I went to Bi-Lo two different times). :-) That night mom & I started preparing for the cookout on the 4th.

Wednesday...mom & dad's neighborhood had a hog roast in the cul-de-sac in front of mom & dad's house. We all hung out during the afternoon & evening. The hog turned out really well (way to go, Tim), and the rest of the food was delicious as well. The best part of the day was that Marsha & her family came. I got to see Harrison (he ran to me & jumped into my arms...we stayed like that for several minutes), and I also got to see my new niece, Abigail, for the first time! She is so precious!

Thursday...Harrison spent the night (he's staying through Sunday) so we had all day to hang out together. We went to CiCi's Pizza for lunch and then spent the afternoon at the YMCA swimming.

Friday...Harrison & I drove to Goose Creek, South Carolina to pick up Maurine (my youngest sister) and bring her home for the weekend. The drive went well, but it was so good to see her & get her home with us.

Saturday...Dad, Harrison & I went back to the YMCA to swim some more, and then we all just relaxed for the rest of the day. It was a beautiful day so we spent quite a bit of time outside.

Sunday...I sang for the first time at mom & dad's church. It went well, and they were all very nice to me. Marsha, Jerry & Abigail met us at church & then came to mom & dad's for lunch. After lunch was over, we got ready to take Maurine back to Goose Creek.

Today...Dad had a business meeting in Norcross, Georgia (15 miles north or Atlanta) so I rode along with him. While he was in his meeting, I listened to my mp3 player & read a book. Now we are just hanging out at home.

So...during the past week...I drove for over 5 hours on Sunday, drove for over 4 hours on Monday, traveled from store to store on Tuesday, drove for over 6 hours on Friday, road/drove for over 6 hours on Sunday, and road for over 8 hours today. Do you think I've spent enough time in a car this past week? :-)

If I don't post for a bit, know that I'm haning out with my family in North Carolina. I'll be sure to update you as I have time. Hope you are all doing well!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

jAbout time you blogged - wanting to know how your visit was going - and now I know you LOVE being in a car:-) Enjoy the rest of your time with your family.
Love to you from me