Monday, March 5, 2007

My Dad

I received a phone call this evening from my mom letting me know that my dad's going to the hospital. Apparently he's been having problems with his leg - it's been very sore and is swelling. Today he went to see his doctor and found out he has a blood clot in his leg. The doctor thinks he'll only be in the hospital overnight, and my sister (who's a nurse) reassures us that it's no big deal. But...for me personally...it's still a little scary. It makes it a little worse for me (and maybe my family in general) because my grandpa (my dad's dad) passed away from a blood clot in his leg moving to his heart.

This is one of those moments when the distance between us really stinks! I would love to be sitting at the hospital with dad & mom. I'd love to see dad, to be able to give him a hug & kiss, to see that everything's alright, etc... I'd also love to be able to help pass the time for mom and to be able to stay with her so she didn't have to go home to an empty house. But...9 1/2 hrs. doesn't allow for that so I'm here & they're there.

I would greatly appreciate your prayers for my dad & our family. Thanks!

No comments: