Monday, March 26, 2007

So much to tell...So little time...

Wow! I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted something. However, I haven't posted because a lot has been happening in my life, and I've been very busy. I'm actually getting ready to leave my house once again, but I thought I'd try to type a quick update. Here's what's been happening:

  • I was set up on a blind date that seemed very promising, but it turned out that he wasn't the one for me. He was a very nice man, but there were too many differences that I felt were major differences. When I marry, I want to be with someone who compliments me or makes me a better person. I also want to be with someone who shares my values and faith. I want to be sitting in church with my family there with me. This relationship would not have started that way, and I wasn't ready or willing to take the risks.

  • I went to my very first hockey game on Friday and had a blast! Matt (a guy from church) sat beside me and explained everything so I would understand what was happening. I really appreciated that and thoroughly enjoyed my evening. I got to see one hockey fight & two squids thrown out on the ice. What a night! :-)

  • I went to Michigan for a baby shower & to meet Samuel Gerald DiMecurio. He's absolutely adorable! Caron & Carlo (friends from SoloCon Great Lakes) are the proud parents and are both doing well. It was great to see the Garcia family (everyone but Joel - who's in Colorado in seminary now) and several other friends from SoloCon. It was an enjoyable weekend.

  • While in Michigan, we went to Cesarland. What's Cesarland? It's a place that makes one very aware of just exactly how old they are - a day or two after visiting it. It's basically a Chuck E. Cheese for adults - including the jungle gym set for adults. They had a set up like a McDonald's playland for adults, and we had sooooo much fun! However, my knees are rebelling today! :-)

No comments: