Sunday, June 3, 2007

He Met the Parents...and Lived to Tell About It! :-)

Today was the "big" day for Matt & me...he met my parents. Mom & dad, along with my nephew, Harrison, came to Ohio for my cousin's graduation (Congrats, Stacy!) this weekend so we decided it would be a great time for my family & Matt to meet.

The day began with us meeting mom & dad at Cracker Barrel in Findlay for breakfast. We had a great time together, and my parents learned a lot about Matt (my dad couldn't get over how much he talked). He's definitely a talker - which is fine with me because I tend to do some of that myself. :-) After breakfast, we went to church with grandma and then went back to her house for lunch. Then...it was on to Stacy's graduation where he met Harrison, Jane, Kevin, Scott & Stacy (I almost forgot to introduce Stacy...oops! Sorry, Stacy!).

On the way home, Matt told me how nice my family was, and he really liked my dad (which is a good thing). He also liked my mom's sense of humor (she got some good jabs in on Matt). Once we got home & Matt left, I called mom & dad to get their opinion. They both thought he was really nice. Mom said she liked the way he treated me & the way he looked at me. I like that too!

So...although I was a bit nervous this morning, all went very well! I'm so glad that they were all able to meet each other.

No comments: