Friday, June 8, 2007

The Last Few Days

As you know from my previous post, my friend, Traci, had her job reinstated due to the money the district is saving by changing our health insurance carrier. What a blessing! To celebrate, I took her out to supper at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants, El Camino Sky (formerly known as El Camino Real). We had a great time together - there was much talking & laughter. :-)

Yesterday was my final day of school! WooHoo! Hello Summer! :-) We only had to work a half day (until 11:30) which was nice so a group of us went out for lunch. After lunch, I went to Jodi's school to deliver my fish (they are adopting them since I forgot to adopt them out before the students left - oops!). It was nice to see her & talk for a bit. I also got to see her new room (she's moving into the old computer lab room - it's a bit bigger & has a much nicer view).

Then last night it was off to Riverdance. Traci & I had tickets & had a fabulous time. We both enjoyed it greatly but also had to laugh because we knew the guys (Matt & Jeromy) would have been bored out of their minds. I was expecting the Irish dancing, but I was not expecting the vocal ensemble, the fabulous band (there's just something about Celtic music), the flamenco dancer, or the tap dancers. It was very entertaining!

Today was a busy day, but it was a great day. My day started with me spending time with Eva (Steve & Jenny's daughter) while Jenn ran some errands. Eva is such a sweetheart! From there, I went to get my hair trimmed & colored (had to cover up the grays), and I also had my eyebrows waxed (a bit painful, but definitely worth it in my opinion). Then it was off to the grocery store and then home to clean because Shaun & Jodi were coming over (I really wanted them to meet Matt & for him to meet them). Matt got here around 4:30, and I was so glad he'd come early. We didn't get a chance to see each other this week so I was really starting to miss him! It was great to have some time alone together before they got here. Shaun & Matt instantly hit it off and had a great time picking on Jodi. We laughed a lot tonight! We had pizza & then played 9 holes of golf (the card game). It was definitely an enjoyable evening! They're going to host the next get-together at their house so Matt can experience life on the Toussaint. :-)

No comments: