Sunday, June 24, 2007

My thoughts...

I'm having some trouble sleeping tonight because there's a lot going through my head. So...I thought I'd take a minute to blog. You don't have to respond to this or worry about me...I'm just hoping that if I get things out of my head I'll be able to settle down & go to sleep.

Let me start by saying what I do know. I know that...

1. I've been single for most of my 33 years.
2. I don't have much experience with this "relationship" stuff.
3. I'm a very emotional person who tends to wear her heart on her sleeve.
4. I am very analytical - some say I over analyze my life.
5. I love Matt.
6. I can see my future with Matt.
7. My primary love language is quality time.
8. I'm very thankful for friends who will listen to my ramblings.

Now for the confusing things. I don't understand why...

1. It's so hard to transition from being single to being a couple.
2. Relationships are so hard.
3. My emotions get the best of me - even when I try to be rational.
4. I continue to analyze every detail. Why can't I just live life sometimes?
5. I question my love for Matt at times & especially question his love/intentions.
6. Thinking about my future can be so scary.
7. Quality time is such a problem for some.
8. I feel like I'm battling friends for a position of priority.

As I'm typing this, it just suddenly hit me that I've done a lot of thinking about this & have even talked to a couple of friends. But...the one thing I haven't done (and what I should have done from the beginning) is pray. So...I'm going to sign off & go have a chat with God.

Thanks for listening!

No comments: