Friday, June 1, 2007

Paybacks

My aunt's birthday was on May 6th, but I completely forgot to call her. When I remembered it on the 8th, I called & was very apologetic. While there was a bit of harassment from Jane, she forgave me (or so I thought). Just ask my dad...Jane does not forget things easily (at least those things she can continue to throw back in your face...she still brings up things from their childhood). :-)

To try & show Jane how special she is to me, I called her on Mother's Day and even called her on Memorial Day...just to let her know I cared. That's the kind of person I am! :-)

However, she still can't let it go. My birthday was yesterday which seems to have brought those hard feelings to mind for Jane. In my birthday card, she mentioned how special I was to her...so special that she'd never forget my birthday (some words were underlined for emphasis). She also called me in the morning to wish me a happy birthday...making sure I knew she called me in the morning so she wouldn't forget like I'd forgotten her birthday! :-)

Well...we talked today, and I shared with her that I got my paybacks. Yesterday found many people forgetting my birthday. It began first thing in the morning when my mom called. I answered expecting birthday greetings, but instead, I received small talk. Don't get me wrong...it was nice to talk to my mom, but she never mentioned my birthday (however, she called me a couple of hours later & felt terrible). Then...it was the people at school. If I had a dollar for every person that forgot it was my birthday, I would be sooooo rich! It would have been easy to get annoyed, but all I could do was laugh! I found it hysterical and could only think of how much Jane would appreciate the story.

So...I now I've walked in your shoes Jane. It's time to move on & get over it! :-)

No comments: