Monday, June 11, 2007

A Heartbreaking Loss

Our softball game tonight didn't end quite the way we wanted it to, but at least we went out there & gave it our best shot. It was a weird night...some crazy things happened (that may have something to do with the two weeks we've had off - one due to Memorial Day & one due to rain).

On a positive note, I had my best hit of the season tonight! Matt told me after our last game that I should try widening my stance. He said it would give me more power when I swung. So...when I got up to bat for the first time tonight, I remembered what he'd said so I got in my normal stance & then widened my feet a bit. Was it just luck? Did his suggestion work? I don't know, but I know the end result was nice! :-) Unfortunately he wasn't there to see it because he's still a bit under the weather. Bummer!

Oh...I almost forgot! I also played a new position tonight...2nd base. When I took the field, my heart was beating so fast I thought I might hyperventilate! :-) I was extremely nervous, but it went fine. I will say that I'm more comfortable in my usual position (right field), but that could be because that's all I've ever played.

No comments: