Friday, June 15, 2007

Transitioning

Some of you are going to think I'm pretty strange when you get done reading this (although some of you probably already think I'm strange). :-) But...keep in mind that I'm a social person and enjoy talking (once again...this is not new news to many of you). :-)

So...this has been my first complete week off school. Don't get me wrong...I love the summers & not having to go to work everyday, but I really miss the social aspect. Each morning I've set my alarm for 8:00 a.m. because I don't want to get in the bad habit of staying up late & then sleeping in (which I typically do every summer & then have a hard time getting back into the routine when the new school year approaches). I've also been going to the gym to work out. With that being said, my mornings are pretty full because I usually don't get back from the gym until between 10:30 & 11:00 a.m. By then, I'm starting to get hungry so I've been eating lunch around 11:30. So far so good!

But wait! Now's when I start to drive myself crazy. The afternoon hours seem to creep by & all I have is me, myself & I to keep me company. Yesterday I seemed to hit the peak of boredom...I actually dusted & swept my floors (now that's bored!). After that, I put in a movie but became so stir crazy that I turned it off. I ended up going out to Maumee Bay & walking the boardwalk (a 2 mile nature-filled trek). I put on my mp3 player & went to town.

Unfortunately it only took me about 35 mins. to walk it so there was still a lot of time left before bed. I ended up going to get ice cream with Jeromy & Traci, and then we went back to their house to play games. We had a nice time together, and I greatly appreciated them helping to pass my time.

Now...the new day starts. I'm not going to the gym today because I got a pretty bad blister on my heel during last night's walk. The thought of putting my shoes back on is not a pleasant one at this moment. I do have plans for lunch - Jenn & I are going to take Eva to Levis Commons (they have live music every Friday from 12:00-1:30 p.m. under a tent in the center courtyard). It'll be nice to see them & especially nice to be with someone besides myself! :-) I hope I get used to me soon!

No comments: